- driving forward the social and solidarity economy globally,
- ensuring the adoption of a UNGA resolution on promoting the social and solidarity economy for sustainable development,
- recognizing the crucial role social entrepreneurs and other social innovators play in the realization of the SDGs through their ability to alleviate poverty, localise the SDGs and catalyse social transformation.
- International Labour Conference adopting the Resolution concerning decent work and the SSE during its 110th Session in June;
- ECOSOC/HLPF side-event on the “Role of SSE in achieving the SDGs” in July;
- OECD’s Recommendation of the Council on the Social and Solidarity Economy and Social Innovation in October
- Multi-stakeholder event: How can the international recognition of Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) help achieve the SDGs through social and inclusive innovation?, in December.
With this resolution we can move from advocacy to action in promoting social and solidarity economy for sustainable development around the world. The SSE is part of a plurality of economies that advance the three dimensions of the SDGs, instead of one at the expense of the other two. "Ms Carpentier, UNCTAD